Top Stories

Iran Claims US Issued Military Threat as Nuclear Talks Continue via Oman

A senior official of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has claimed that the United States warned Tehran it must accept a set of American conditions or face the risk of military confrontation.

Aziz Ghazanfari said Washington delivered a message stating that Iran would be subjected to military action if it rejected any of four conditions set by the United States. He added that the warning made clear that refusal to comply fully would leave Iran vulnerable to a US strike.

The remarks were published in a commentary in Sobh-e Sadegh, a weekly publication affiliated with Iran’s military establishment. Ghazanfari said the message emphasised that acceptance of all US demands was necessary to avoid war with Washington.

Neither the United States nor Iranian authorities have publicly disclosed the four conditions referenced in the commentary, and there has been no immediate response from Washington to the claims.

The comments come as diplomatic contacts between Iran and the United States continue through intermediaries, with a focus on Iran’s nuclear programme.

Ali Larijani, secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council and a close adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has travelled to Oman for talks linked to the negotiations. According to Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency, Larijani is scheduled to meet Omani Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi, who is acting as the chief intermediary between Tehran and Washington.

Larijani is also expected to meet Oman’s Sultan Haitham bin Tariq Al Said during the visit.

Indirect talks between Iran and the United States began last Friday in Muscat, Oman, using intermediaries. Both sides have described the discussions as preliminary, with no formal agreements announced so far.


#Iran #UnitedStates #IRGC #NuclearTalks #Oman #MiddleEast #Diplomacy #Geopolitics #diplomatsWorld

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *