World Defense Show in Riyadh Concludes with $8.8B in Deals
RIYADH : The third edition of the World Defense Show concluded in Riyadh on Thursday, with more than 60 military and defense deals worth SR33 billion ($8.8 billion) signed. The five-day exhibition highlighted Saudi Arabia’s efforts to expand its domestic military industries sector under Vision 2030.
Organized by the General Authority for Military Industries, the event featured 1,486 exhibitors from 89 countries and attracted 137,000 visitors. Governor Ahmad Al-Ohali said national defense spending from domestic sources rose from 4 percent in 2018 to 25 percent by 2024, while local employment in the sector grew 40 percent to 34,000.
The show hosted 220 agreements, including 93 government-to-government deals and 127 corporate partnerships, emphasizing technology transfer and local manufacturing projects. Exhibits included 63 aircraft, over 700 military equipment pieces, and dedicated areas for maritime and unmanned systems demonstrations.
A “Future Talent Program” introduced during the final two days engaged 4,000–5,000 students aged 16 to university level, showcasing career opportunities in the defense industry. CEO Andrew Pearcey said planning for the next edition had already begun to expand space and introduce new features.
#Tags: #SaudiArabia #DefenseIndustry #MilitaryDeals #WorldDefenseShow #Vision2030 #TechnologyTransfer #DefenseExhibitions #diplomatsWorld #diplomatsworld
